Wednesday, September 26, 2012

Oatmeal Butterscotch Cookies


There's a big potluck coming up at work and I am baking cookies.  I plan on baking plain old chocolate chip cookies (recipe off the side of the Nestle toll house morsels package - still awesome after 50+ years) and two batches of oatmeal butterscotch (a favorite in this house). When I mentioned what I was going to bring, I had to promise to bring the recipe as well.  Being that I have to write it out anyway, I figured I'd post it.   If you want to try a really good cookie recipe that is just a little different, here you go: 



Oatmeal Butterscotch Cookies 

Ingredients: 
3/4 cup (1 1/2 sticks) butter, softened 
3/4 cup white sugar 
3/4 cup packed brown sugar 
2 eggs 
1 tsp vanilla extract 
1 1/4 cups all purpose flour 
1 tsp baking soda 
1/2 tsp ground cinnamon 
1/2 tsp salt 
3 cups rolled oats 
2 cups butterscotch chips 

Directions: 
Heat oven to 375 degrees. 

In large bowl, beat the butter, white sugar and brown sugar together. Add the eggs and vanilla, beating well. 

In a medium sized bowl, stir together the flour, baking soda, cinnamon and salt. Gradually add the flour mixture to the butter mixture; stir until blended. Stir in oats and butterscotch chips. Drop by tablespoonfuls about 2 inches apart onto ungreased cookie sheets. 

Bake at 375 degrees for 10 minutes, until the edges begin to brown. Transfer to a wire rack to cool. 

Makes about 5 dozen cookies. 




No comments:

Post a Comment